At WhisperDeals.com we believe that the most important steps in achieving real estate investment success are PLANNING and TAKING ACTION.
Upon registration, each investor will receive a 3 page Investor Profile Survey designed to measure one's suitability for investing, establish a clear set of investment strategy guidelines or directives, assist with setting some basic goals, and identify some important considerations regarding wealth preservation and asset protection.
DISCLAIMER: Although we believe this tool offers valuable insight as one begins to consider investing in real estate, it is not intended to replace the counsel of attorneys, CPA's or other financial professionals.
Once an investment strategy is created, it should serve as a standard or benchmark by which future investment opportunities are evaluated.
Unfortunately, too many investors' strategies are not driven by a set of directives. The result is often a real estate portfolio that has been randomly assembled, not adequately diversified, and out of balance.
Consider the following ACTION PLAN:
1) Get Started! Overcome your fears and work on developing an Investor Mindset. View risk as opportunity.
2) Equip Yourself- Educate yourself on real estate financing methods, real estate analysis tools, property management, real estate markets, and investment strategies. Consult with real estate attorneys, tax experts, and financial planners. At the very least, find an experienced mentor to help you through the process.
3) Set Specific Goals- Determine your objectives, develop a strategy, and set a date by which to acquire a property.
4) Evaluate- Your strategies and goals should not be static. They will change based on your experience level, and fluctuating market conditions. Take time to implement an ongoing review process to measure your progress against your overall objectives.
5) Be Flexible! Learn to roll with the punches. Real estate investing can be extremely rewarding, but it can also be unpredictable. The more you take time to learn the ropes and be flexible, the better off you will be.